Wednesday, September 08, 2010

I am mad!

Mad may not be the right word, but the feeling I have is made up of shock, disbelief, frustration, and anger. It is making me grind my teeth and have bug eyes. I am sure I have also held my breath until my face is beet red. I think I will go with MAD. This is all about Josh's school this year. Josh has always loved school. He loves to learn, and has always been like a little sponge. Last year he had a great class, and great teachers. This year is just horrible!!!

Before I jump into this I want to ask for some prayers and give some other probably unimportant information. I have always known we needed to move before high school. I do NOT want my kids going to the high school we are zoned to. Up until recently I have had no opinion about the junior high, but we aren't there yet. Before school started this year (Josh is in intermediate), I started getting this feeling about the junior high school. It was not just a little feeling, it literally made my body hurt. I just knew that I could not send my kids there. A few days ago some news came out about that school and confirmed what I had been feeling. We are already trying to work things out so he won't have to go to that school.

Back to this year...I just have so many bottled up feelings. Last year was just GREAT. It was so good that I feel a little blindsided this year. Josh is in a class with nothing but trouble makers. Before you think I am exaggerating, just listen...or read on! He said they got recess for the first time today. It has always been taken away for bad behavior. Today most of his class was in ISS (in school suspension). They had a substitute last week and the kids just called her names the whole time. I am not talking stupid pranks like we did as kids either. They were calling her names! Josh has tried to tell some of them to just be quiet, but has gotten the response, "make me"....he doesn't say anything now. Getting off of the kids, let's move on to his teacher! If you saw my photo on facebook then you know she can't spell. If you did not see the photo...she spelled "please" as "pleace"...this shocked me, but everyone makes mistakes...right? Josh was afraid to tell me before, because he doesn't want to get anyone in trouble, but she has had to ask the class how to spell other words! She didn't know if "surface" was spelled SERFACE  or SURFACE. She also had to ask about the word "education"!!! Ya'll, words can NOT describe how I am feeling right now! This is MY kid!!!! This is HIS education!!! This is HIS future!!! He deserves better than this!

I plan on trying to have him switched to a different class. What excuse do I use? I don't think "the kids are stupid and disrespectful" and "the teacher can't spell" will get me very far. At first Marc thought I should just leave it alone. His opinion was that not every class and every year is going to be great, but he is even having his doubts. OHHHHHHHHHHHHH, I am just MAD!

No comments:

Post a Comment