Friday, December 17, 2010

Merry Christmas

Hi friends! I can't believe it has been a whole month since I have blogged...well ok, maybe I can! I am actually blogging to apologize! I did not have time to take pictures for Christmas cards, buy Christmas cards, write Christmas cards, or mail Christmas cards. We did this "little" production at church called "Celebration". Really "little" is NOT the right word to describe it. We had 5 sold out performances over the course of 4 days. Over 15,000 people attended "Celebration". Anyway, I know you're thinking---you have participated in "Celebration" before and still managed to take pictures and get Christmas cards out.

This year...like I said we had 5 performances (last year we had 3 performances and 2 years ago we only had 1). We started practicing at Christmas camp...back in August! We had rehearsal every Sunday afternoon during September and October. At the end of October we recorded our cd, "All is Well". It is available at the church or through iTunes. It contains 11 of the songs we performed.  In November we had a little bit of a break...just our normal Wednesday night rehearsals. I know, I could have taken pictures in November. Don't forget that I did this little thing called a  MARATHON back in November. In the past I have also only had 2 kids in the kids choir portion of the performance. That was the case this year, BUT since Josh is too old for kids choir, he was in the cast. He played  a shopper person who rode on the train, an elf, a student, a traveler, a shepherd, and a worshipper. He was just everywhere. His rehearsals started in November. When I wasn't rehearsing, he was! Then there were also times our rehearsals overlapped.
Here is an example of one week:
He had a rehearsal Tuesday.
I had rehearsal Wednesday.
He had rehearsal Friday
He had rehearsal Saturday
He had a SS Christmas party Sunday.
He had rehearsal Monday.
All 4 of us had rehearsal Tuesday and Wednesday...followed by the performances.
These rehearsals weren't just for an hour or two either. We had a few Saturday's rehearsals that started at 8:30am and went to 1:30pm. The weekday rehearsals were 5-11 pm. These were some long exhausting days...weeks for us!

SO friends, here are some pictures I managed to take over the last month. None of them are together...none of them are posed. They are just...there! So, if I would have had time to make Christmas pictures, you can imagine that it would look something like these all mashed together into one... possibly,  with the exception of Josh. The only pictures I have of him are as an elf, as a shepherd, and as a worshipper with an elephant behind him.

So...Merry Christmas!

Here is your virtual Christmas card!!! If you are a family member that has relatives that I normally send Christmas cards to that will not be getting Christmas cards this year, please pass along  "Merry Christmas" for me. That is for the non-internet/facebook family members! Thank you my friends and I love you!

Here is your onslaught of various photos---just in case you are wondering why Marc is not in any of these photos, it is because he was at work. We didn't see him for almost 2 weeks. He was asleep when we got home and asleep when we left the next morning. He is still here and loved very much by us. We missed him lots last week...and the week before!

ALSO...just in case you were wondering, Josh did not have an accident with self tanning cream! He is wearing stage make-up in his photos.

Hannah at home
Sunday around the tree at church
Samantha proud of her curls
Josh the elf
Josh the worshipper


smiley 
Hannah 

my beauty
Josh the shepherd
love this girl! 
Little dude


GIRLS!
dress rehearsal

My Caleb!
Hannah found Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment