Sunday, July 05, 2009

HAIR!!!!!

I blogged about this in the other blog, but I know some of you don't read it. This was truly an experience to remember!!!!!


We had gone swimming and had a great time. Hannah actually napped today, unlike last week after swimming. It was really a lazy afternoon. Hannah got up and was so quiet just coloring. I got her some goldfish. She sat down to snack on them. The boys were playing a game together on the computer and I was reading a book. The boys have this cream that is very similar to vaseline for their eczema. They are bad about leaving it on the floor when they are done. Hannah has been known to cream herself up. We have ruined clothes and had messed up hair. This is the cream...we had a FULL one. Had was the keyword in that last sentence. Hannah comes to me, "LOOK MOMMA!" It was the look how beautiful I made myself look. She showed me her hair. She also made her hands and legs creamy. I looked and smiled (through my clenched teeth). Really, at this point what else can you do? Take pictures of course. Here is the look at me photo. Here is the OMG photo! Here is the you have got to be kidding me photo!
Geez what now? I sent them outside to play in the sprinkler while I googled. Google said baking soda and dish soap. Here is that photo.
It didn't work...no shock! I tried the baking soda and dish soap 3 times, then tried regular shampoo 3 times, and I even tried conditioner...I couldn't brush her hair either. Geez! So I call Visible Changes and they can probably help...at this point anything is better than me. My anger was increasing greatly. I stop cooking dinner and get her dressed. I rolled her hair up, so it wouldn't get on anything. This is that picture....nothing is holding her hair in place, it is all cream.

Then I told Josh to get a hat, so it wouldn't get all over the carseat. I about fell over laughing when I saw her come out of the room wearing this hat. On to the mall. I think we got a poor new guy. He seemed at a loss. We had several stylists come over and give suggestions. One lady finally stopped and helped. She was there for a good 30 minutes. 45 minutes of shampooing, conditioning, and combing. Hannah was not happy. She will probably NEVER want to get her hair done. We finally found a shampoo that worked. Praise the Lord! Until this last shampoo he could run his nail down her hair and still get clumps of cream from each strand. I about cried when I saw how much of her hair ended up in the drain. Hannah screamed nearly the whole time too. She wouldn't put her head all the way back either, so she was soaked. Here is her cleaner hair with her wet shirt...right before we bought her a dry one.
We ate dinner at the mall and walked around a little. This is Hannah's hair DRY. You can see it is still very oily/gunky.

Today's cream mishap totally wiped out my Museum day savings from Tuesday...then some. Since Caleb usually gets cream from his forehead in his hair, I went ahead and bought the shampoo/conditioner. It will be good for the boys head anyway. The stylist that helped out suggested just using conditioner for a few days because her hair got pretty stripped....don't know if that will work. Hannah will have her hair pulled up for a while since it can still stand on its own.


This happened Friday...it is now Sunday. Her hair is still like an oil slick, but it no longer stands by itself. It is also a dirt magnet and the dirt seems to be sticking thanks to all of that think ointment cream. Oh well....











3 comments:

  1. OMGOSH! that is too funny! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow!! I'm sorry, I know I would have been furious and freaking out in the same situation, but reading about it was just too hysterical! I'm sure this will be a great story for her when she's older.

    And hopefully she'll remember the "torture" of the repeated shampooing when she goes to get that jar of cream again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am afraid she will remember the torture and NEVER let anyone touch her hair at the salon again! LOL I can really look back and laugh, especially after seeing those photos. It took about 6 days for her hair to not look like a grease fest.

    ReplyDelete