It is amazing what a little snow can do! I watched as people went from being rushed and in a frenzy to just stopping and watching. Marc was in a huff over me going to choir practice tonight, so to honor my husband I did not go. He was worried about the temps dropping after dark since we are in a "northern county". I did have to go do some stuff. I had planned on going to the post office, so I did that. Then I hit a few stores looking for the perfect gift. Speaking of perfect gift, I am a little bitter. A big man in a red suit gets credit for the perfect gift. I know Christmas is not about gifts...well, it is about one BIG gift, Jesus. I love my kids and put a lot of thought and effort into the "big" gift they get, yet the big man in a red suit gets credit. It is really not the credit I want. I want my kids to know that I love them so much and put so much thought into that gift. It is more about my love for them than anything else. So, as I came out of Barnes and Noble tonight, the snow had picked up again. If you are familiar with the Woodlands Mall, you will know that Barnes and Noble is in an outside area. It is decorated for Christmas. All the normal trees have lights, then there are also some big Christmas trees that are all decorated. I probably looked like a fool. I walked out into the middle of the bricked area and just stopped. I looked up and watched these big snowflakes fall. While standing there a rush of emotion ran over me along with the song "Jesus Paid it All."
Jesus paid it all
all to Him I owe.
Sin had left a crimson stain,
HE washed it white as snow.
Now, I didn't google those lyrics, so they may not be word for word. I felt like I needed that reminder. This year, the economy is struggling. People are more stressed and really not as joyful, so to see pure white snow falling from the sky as a reminder that Jesus is joy, no matter what the economy is like. Then I started thinking about that crimson stain...MY crimson stain. It is gone...washed clean. Do I live like that? Sad to say, no. I fall short. Especially lately. I have been so wrapped up in ME, that I have forgotten, or put off the things that should be first. My sin has been as washed clean as that snow, but my life is not that pure. It NEEDS to be that pure. I walked back through the mall and out again to the truck. The snow had picked up more. So, as I sat there in the truck tears started rolling down my face. I have been convicted of my sin...by snow. Amazing what God can use to get your attention!
One final note. Some of you know I have to drive close to 10 miles down a 2 lane highway to get home. The speed limit is 60 mph, yet many times someone is only going 40mph. It is really beyond frustrating. People start flashing lights, honking, and passing at very dangerous times. Tonight, everyone was maybe going 40. Noone was in a rush. No one was honking. No one was flashing lights. No one attempted to pass anyone. People were just taking their time, watching the snow dance in the headlights. I almost passed the entrance to my neighborhood because it was just so beautiful!
I guess since I didn't go to practice I can't request that song for Sunday. LOL


Hannah's first snow!
Now I am sitting here singing....Jesus paid it all-lll-lll--ll; all to him I owe; sin that left a crimson stain; he washed it white as snow....
No comments:
Post a Comment